We Make Violin Rentals in Saint Louis Easy!
Fall 2021 Violin Rental Season:
If you need a violin for yourself or your child, you’ve come to the right place. Violin rentals start as low as $14 a month (when paid annually), and our top-of-the line carved violins rent for only $28 a month (when paid annually). While your monthly rental cost is lowest on an annual plan, it’s your choice whether an annual, quarterly, or monthly plan works best for you.
While this is a long page that is loaded with information, the rental form near the bottom is simple!
When you rent online (just fill out the form lower on this page), you can choose to then:
- stop by the store for a contactless pickup
- stop by the store and select your instrument
- or, we can deliver the instrument to your child’s school
Or, instead of filling out the form on this page, you can simply stop by our store to complete the entire rental process (we’re able to socially distance within the store, and we ask that you join us in wearing a face covering).
Benefits of Renting Your Violin from Top Notch
Peace of Mind
Our Rental Violins Feature:
- Ebony fingerboard, chinrest and pegs
- High quality, American made D’Addario brand strings
- Either a brazilwood or carbon fiber bow with real horsehair
- Lightweight case
- Sponge (various sizes) shoulder rest
- Cleaning cloth
- Insurance against theft AND accidental damage
- Us! We’re here to support you!
Available Violin Sizes
1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/10, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 4/4
If you rent online (further down this page) we provide easy measurement instructions, along with typical ages and grades for the various violin sizes. If you stop by the store to rent your violin, we’ll make sure you get the right size.
Select Your Violin Series
Our 1000 series entry level violins are made from properly aged maple sides and back and a spruce top. Perfect for a beginner during their first year as their ear and technique develops.
Our 2000 series intermediate violins are made from properly aged, lightly flamed maple sides and back and a spruce top with a hand applied oil varnish. A good step-up for the progressing violin player.
Our 3000 series advanced violins are made from 5+ year old aged, heavy flamed maple sides and back and a spruce top with an antiqued oil varnish. This is our ideal learning instrument for violin players and will suit you, or your child, for years.
What Does it Cost to Rent a Violin?
1000 Series Violin Rental
- The annual rate translates to a monthly cost of about $14 and by paying annually you are saving 30% over the monthly plan
- Or pay quarterly $54 and save 10%!
- Or pay monthly $20.
2000 SERIES VIOLIN RENTAL
- The annual rate translates to a monthly cost of about $21 and by paying annually you are saving 30% over the monthly plan.
- Or pay quarterly $80 and save 11%!
- Or pay monthly $30
3000 SERIES VIOLIN RENTAL
- Due to the value of our 3000 series violins we can only offer them as a $340 yearly rental (which is about $28/month) and we do not offer a quarterly or monthly payment option.
NEW! Rent online...
Fill out the form below...
We will then call you...
How Does the Rental Process Work?
- Previously, you had to stop by one of our stores. While you are still welcome to stop by a store to rent a violin, we now have online rentals!
- Simply fill out the 4-part form immediately above. You can opt to have us deliver the violin to your child’s school (how awesome is that!?) or you can pick it up from one of our stores. We can also ship the violin to your house, although we do have to charge for the shipping.
- After you have filled out and submitted the form we will call you for your credit card information.
- By the way, the hardest part of filling out the form is the very first field: determining what size violin is best for your child. It’s not as hard as it sounds: next to each violin size we provide approximate arm measurements (extend child’s left arm out, palm up, and measure from side of neck to middle of the palm), as well as approximate age and grade ranges. If you aren’t sure what size – don’t worry – just select the size you think is best and mention it when we call for your credit card information.
- What if your child ends up with the wrong size violin? Just bring in the violin and we’ll swap it out for a different size.
We want your child to not just be successful playing their violin, but to enjoy it! The best chance of that occurring is with the right instrument for your child.
Violin Care Tips
- We include an instruction sheet with each rental, however, we also want to include some care tips here on our web site as well
- The bow strings should be slightly tightened before playing, and slightly loosened after playing and for storage. The bow strings are tightened by turning the screw below the frog. Your violin instructor will help you with this, and we can also show you how to do this.
- Violin bows need a small amount of rosin rubbed on the strings for sound. We include rosin with your rental. And, again, the amount of rosin is something your violin teacher can help you with – and we can also get you set with the first rosin application before you leave the store if you would like.
- When you are done playing your violin we recommend you gently wipe the strings with the included cleaning cloth to remove any rosin from the strings. This helps to avoid a rosin build-up on the strings. As you’ll quickly find with the violin: not enough rosin doesn’t sound good, and too much is also a problem!